Flood restoration: do’s and don’ts
Flood occurs when rising water overflows rivers and flows across the ground, picking up all types of contamination, like- insects and bacteria. It can damage a property if not dealt quickly. The more extensive the damages, the more likely we require hiring a professional. If unfortunate this incident ever happens, hire the services of A emergency of Chicago to solve the situation. Our trained technicians are prepared to clean the places where mould festers. We have been serving Lincolnwood, Skokie, Niles and Morton Grove for several years.
- Shift valuable paintings and art objects to a secured and dry place.
- Remove the extra water as much as possible either by mopping or blotting.
- Ventilate the affected areas by opening all the windows.
- Seek temporary shelter until everything has come back to its normal state.
- First, take photographs and videos as much in each part of the property as this will make it easier to file for full insurance coverage to protect the property and then quickly contact the insurance company.
- Know what porous items to throw away, like- those soaked up contaminated flood water.
- Remove excess water from furniture after removing lamps to prevent mould growth.
- Save all the receipts related to loss in the flood as these may be required for insurance reimbursement.
- Make sure that the main source of electrical power is off before entering a flooded property or building. If not, then turn it off else there will be a great risk in getting an electrical shock or electrocuted.
- Never use any electrical device if it is wet.
- Do not postpone flood restoration.
- Even while wearing rubber boots, avoid using electrical devices when standing on a wet carpet or wet floor.
- It would be better not to leave any wet fabrics in place, instead dry them as soon as possible.
- While starting with flood restoration work, do not enter those rooms that still have stagnant water if the electricity is still on.
- Lastly, never even try doing the entire flood damage restoration without the help of any certified professionals.
So, contact us now.